Thursday, May 22, 2008

Speaking of Jeff

Here's a little story that is sure to get a chuckle from him. I still LMAO whenever I think of it.

At some point probably in 7th or 8th grade somehow I got from the Cigar Store on Mission St (around the corner from Gary's home) a copy of a Playboy or two (they had used ones). Needless to say, they found a home between my mattresses.

Now, to set the scene. My room at the time was on the 2nd floor of our home (my folks still live there, btw). Anyway, in the afternoon that room, since it faced the West, got the most sun and was nice and toasty on cool days. My Mom would just love to lay down on my bed in the later afternoon and soak up the afternoon sun.

Okay, the scene is set. Now for the Jeff part. Jeff either slept over the night before or was dropped off for school in the morning. Jeff had this bright idea to take the centerfold from one of the stashed mags and lay it on my pillow (under the bedspread). He obviously thought I'd get a kick out of it later that night when I went to bed and pulled back the bedspread. Well, I think you can figure out what happened. Mom goes in for her afternoon soak in the sun, her head hits the pillow covered still by the bedspread, and CRUNCH! "What the heck?" Mom pulls back the bedspread only to find the picture of a young beautiful NAKED woman staring lustfully at her. I wasn't there YET, but I can hear her, "Oh, my!!!"

Home from school I proceed to my room only to find the centerfold still on the bed with the bedspread pulled down. You can imagine my "Oh, Shoot" (I don't think I've ever heard the word shit uttered in my folks home so I know I didn't say that.) Anyway, Mom enters the room for an explanation.

Quick John, how are you going to get out of this dilemma?

"Ummmm. That's gotta be Jeff's"

No comments: