Saturday, May 24, 2008

General Comments (yes, ex-military must stand and salute!)

Ok Wayne you started this. 8^)

I posted my Altar boys memories as a comment to John's post (hey, this is sort of like playing clue!).

And yes, I remember the plays, I think I was part of a spoof of the three musketeers or was it Man of LaMancha in one of them? But we got to make fake swords (wood covered with foil if I remember) and I think there was a controversy about us running around with them and hurting someone. Also, what about the square dancing lessons? A lot happened down in the cafetorium (remember the sports "banquets" and such)?

Also, how many of you remember joining St. Vincent dePaul? The Sunday meetings after church with *free* doughnuts? Come on now.

Or trips to the library (OLPH and the Daly City library around the corner). yes actually checking out and reading books. I remember a certain person who used to check out the same book I did because we liked talking about them, especially science fiction!

Or recesses playing with the wiffle football? Running and flipping over the chain link fence (jump, hit the top of the fence around belt high, lean forward, grab, and try and land on your feet). When done well a feeling of exuberance. When not..., well I do remember ripping a shirt in a familiar upside down "L" pattern. And playing hard on top of asphalt (these days the kids have to have cushioned falls). Somehow scrapping a knee or palm of the hand seemed to breed character.

Or what about the "tie-fights" when someone thought young men properly attired included clip on ties?

Also, are we going to try and track down any of our transient classmates (Kevin Tinsley comes to mind).

Wow, thinking about this sure has opened the dam gates as the saying goes.

No comments: