Saturday, May 24, 2008

Class Performances

Does anyone remember the two performances put on by our class in the cafetorium? The first was a concert put on by Rick P. and Danny C. and some others. The only thing I remember about that was the word Buttermilk. I think Danny recited it over and over again, so I think that was the name of the piece.

The other performance I think was our 8th grade show to the underclasses. We did a laugh-in spoof. I remember very little about that. I only remember two things from that performance. One, when someone threw a "knife" offstage and Brendan falls over from behind the curtains with the "knife" stuck in his chest, and second, our final song. It went to the tune of the Battle Hymn of the Republic. I think some of the words went like:

Glory, Glory, Hallelujah,
Teacher hit me with a ruler,
I bopped her on the bean
With a rotten tangerine,
and her teeth came marching out... one! two!
and her teeth came marching out... three! four!

... and so on.

Am I remembering this correctly or did I mix my own childhood dreams into it?

No comments: