Saturday, May 24, 2008

Altar Boys

Someone made a post about the altar boys. Of course I was one too and yes, we did have to learn a few latin phrases. I don't remember the "buzz" though, but I am sure those brain cells have probably left me. I do remember pairing up with Gary alot. I also remember loving to do weddings because you normally got paid for it, and hating funerals because you didn't.

When I was in the back getting ready and hungry I would munch on two things. I would eat sugar cubes and grab a few unleavened hosts (or whatever you call them now). Other than that I didn't get into too much mischief.

I did most of my masses for Father Bergen. I remember him as a very nice guy, for an old person, as he tolerated all my mistakes in the mass. The latin for "God be with you," and the response, "and with you also," still rings in my ears. Of course the hardest part was the long latin phrase we had to learn just before the wine and water. I can't recollect that at all.

No comments: