Monday, March 9, 2009

Bascom's Babble: The Event - Part 3

Now we come to the fun. When the functions ended around 10pm the DJ began to play music for dancing. The entire facility pretty much emptied out at that time. We had about a half dozen of us left, not including our friends and family. There were also a few others there but we pretty much dominated the dance floor. Now, I was not planning on tripping over my feet that evening but I'm glad I was dragged out there along with the others. It was great fun. The 30ish DJ had a hard time figuring what 60's music really was, so Nisa, Valerie, and Peter J. tried to help. Val tried to teach me the proper steps for some of the action but I was only good at staying on autopilot and letting my body fall in whatever direction it wanted to go. It was fun as we tried to anticipate each other's moves. A highlight is when the DJ led us as a train around the dance floor... and then we left the floor to go roaming through the area. We ended up heading into the boy's restroom. Sue and Val put on the brakes and stopped, but, unfortunately I was sort of the caboose and "pushed" them the rest of the way inside. We then turned around and made our way back to the floor. There was, ahem, another highlight as well. Rick and Valerie had a very interesting dance themselves that I caught on video with my digital camera. I had a slight lapse while doing it though. I was holding my camera on end for a tight shot of the dancing as if I was taking a still shot, so the video is currently 'on its side.' I don't have any editor to fix that here, so don't get a crick when you watch it. Pay careful attention to Rick's hands. My sister had a great time mingling as well, helping to balance the male to female ratio on the dance floor. Peter kept her busy once or twice. At midnight the music ended and the reunion turned into a pumpkin. We decided we just weren't ready to say goodbye, so we all left for IHop for breakfast and coffee. This was great for me because my hotel was about a block away from there. We hung around till 2am, which actually became 3am due to the time change. Finally the time had come for all of us to move on. It was time to return to reality and temporarily put those schoolgirl and schoolboy days behind us. Some talked eagerly about the summer BBQ, and there are the St John girls that will be meeting at Twila's. Right now I am looking forward to my Tuesday visit with Darlene. After that I will be soon winging my way back to Texas. We need to stay in touch, and when opportunity arises, come together in friendship once again. Enjoy the pictures.







3 comments:

Twila said...

Well next reunion I guess I will have to stay for the dancing and pancakes! Thanks for sharing the photos, Wayne, so that even those of us who were there (and left early) can keep up with the group's activities. It was great to see everyone. I hope that we can get a larger group for the summer event.
Twila
PS (Okay Val and Sue - what does the boys restroom look like?)

valerie said...

Wayne...What a wonderful finale...or should I say beginning?...Thank you for all the pictures you included of me...I felt like the "Belle of the Ball"...PS: The check is in the mail...The video...well what can I say?...Unchained Melody will now remain in my top five as well as all the friends and memories that night...Have a safe journey back...As always...Valerie

Russ said...

Definitely looks like a fun time was had by all. I hope this can be continued at the summer event with the larger group.

Is a tour of the boys bathroom now a requirement? 8^)