Saturday, January 17, 2009

First OLPH alumni event of 2009?

Hi,

I just checked out the most recent issue of Perpetual Light, the OLPH newsletter for the alumni, friends, and supporters of OLPH, and noticed there is an Alumni Open House and Mass happening on Saturday, January 24, 2009.

Yes, I know this next Saturday (no more than 7 days away when you read this) and is short notice. I just found it, so blame me for not being curious enough to read the summer 2008 newsletter earlier (the Winter 2008 predates the Summer 2008 edition)! I do not have the details for the Open House and Mass this year. I have sent a query and will share what I find.

Here are the specifics for the 2008 version of the event:
OLPH ALUMS & FRIENDS OPEN HOUSE AND MASS
Saturday, January 26, 2008 at 2:00 pm.
You are cordially invited and encouraged to attend the OLPH Open House and Mass on January 26, 2008. Come and see your old elementary school and enjoy revisiting the classrooms, office, library and especially the famous “Alumni Hall.” Locate your class picture in Alumni Hall and stir up your memories a bit. Light refreshments will be provided.
A Celebration of the Eucharist will follow in OLPH Church at 4PM.

Anyone interested or planning to go? I think it would be fascinating to wander the halls once more and see how OLPH is forging forward with the shaping of young minds and personalities. I have found that involving more than one sense cues (e.g., in this case visual, tactile, and possibly aural; I sure hope the same smells are not there 8^) are the clue to bringing back memories.

Please let me know if you are planning to be there at 2 PM and/or going to the 4 PM mass. We can talk about meeting and reminiscing.

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Russ,
Thank you for this link. I just went through it and now see how close so many Classmates are and will continue to be. What a great letter that has been put together for
all of us to read and possibly also to find old school mates that we have been looking for.
Darlene