Thursday, June 5, 2008

Patti finally adds her 2cents

I have never done this before and it took me awhile to get signed on but here I am. Before I fell asleep last night I remembered standing outside the front doors until a group of us were there before we went into the yard, with our matching navy pea coats, double breasted with silver buttons. I remember, candy apples, popcorn sales, ice cream bars fudgesicles, and 50/50 bars that your tongue would stick to. I have pictures of some of my partys which by the way because my birthday was the last day of school was why my parents would let me have a party, Then my dad went deer hunting in September so I could have a slumber party then. But with 3 older sisters our house was always a party house. I have lots of fond memories of OLPH and I am reminded of them daily as I work at a catholic school, St.Patrick in Larkspur, and when I supervise on the asphalt yard it brings those memories back to me. the boys and girls get to play with each other. I remember playing red-rover too, somebody mentioned that, as I was one of the light people who could not break through arms very well. Nesa I did do a blog the other day and you were the only one to see it at the time I had just created my own blog sight and not on the OLPH one which I am on now. So I am going to tell you all a little about me since I left OLPH. I went to Jefferson High, did not want to go to an all girls high school. I did not go to college I started working for CSAA in Serramonte right after high school. Then I married Dave Pacini in August 1978 and moved to Marin County to get out of the fog. But my mom still lives in the party house. We have three children ,Gianni 26 he is handi-capped and lives in Vallejo we see him often. Andy he is 24 lives and works in the city. Marla is 20 and at Santa Clara Unniversity. We are very proud of all of them. Like I said I am a teachers aide at a grade school I love the work as it keeps me young. I need to end this blog now as I need cook dinner for us. I have had so much fun reading about everybody and excited to see people too. Patti

5 comments:

Wabasco said...

Welcome Patti. I missed my closest school neighbor! I think we only "played" once on your street, as I was mostly playing around with the Candau twins up your way. I do remember one time we were playing hide and seek and I had my head buried in a telephone pole counting off. I could hear heavy breathing not too far off, and surmised that you were going to make a made dash to the pole as I turned around. I remember how surprised you were that I knew you were there without looking! We had a good laugh then.

ricky said...

WELCOME TO THE HOUSE OF OLPH ....Hallelujah girlfriend ...Thank David for me , he's a good man with the patience of a saint ... good post and can't wait to hear more from the PARTY QUEEN .....Ricky

Genise aka Nisa said...

YIPPPEEEEE - ANOTHER GIRL ON BOARD!
SO GLAD TO READ YOUR POST - I WAS TELLING RICKY - WE SHOULD HAVE THE REUNION AT PATTI'S PARTY HOUSE!!!!
DO YOU THINK YOUR MOM WOULD LET US DO JUST A WALK THRU?
THOSE WERE SOME GREAT TIMES - ALWAYS HAPPY - FREE AND FUN!!!!!
MUCH THANKS TO THE SPINETTI FAMILY!

Russ said...

Patti,

Welcome aboard. Seems like a fair amount of us got married around the same time with children soon following.

I have a childhood friend who lives (or used to live) in Larkspur. Do you, by any chance, know the Fugate family?

Russ

Patti Pacini (Spinetti) said...

I just remembered something else how about dancing, with Mrs. Preston, I remember we had to line up by height and you would always count who was going to be your partner. Nisa I think that is funny you wanting to have the reunion at my mom's house we are having her 90th birthday there in August on the 9th 2-4 if your in the neighborhood stop by. I then suggested we have it at your place.Patti