Friday, September 26, 2008

Hi,

I thought some of you might be interested in the following animation of the planned lunar landing. And yes, the crater is that big (dwarfs the Grand Canyon)!



By the way, I believe the images of the surface of the moon are real from the lunar surveyor activities, the animation is the integration of the Lander on the flight path to landing.

I also think this is an excellent example of why the world needs more young people to take an interest in the sciences and math. This is not easy stuff but it is doable when a team of bright individuals work together.


Oh, and here is a sight that has not been seen in almost 20 years, and may never be seen again. Two shuttles standing tall and being readied for launch. Click on the image to see all the detail.

I, for one, hope the rainbow is a good sign.

I hope you all are enjoying the first days of Fall.

No comments: